Thursday 6 November 2014

The Mad Racehorse

William Percival, The mad racehorse only really arrived by mistake, we'd heard about an ex racehorse looking for a home and went to have a look at him for a friend, I jumped on board to give him a spin and thought wow,now if this would take a falcon what a great horse he would be........
Despite being told by a self proclaimed expert that an ex racehorse would never be suitable for a falconry horse (news to me, my first falconry horse,Toffee was an ex racer) he ended up coming home with me



 First thing we did on arrival was cautiously approach him with Agravane, My old harris who's made all my falconry horses.He didnt bat an eyelid so we tried a noisy imprint falcon,Barny.
He wiffled him and went back to his haynet.


 Thinking he might just make it we took him outside and introduced Artemis.....he was more interested in the fact his nose tickled than there was a large eagle flapping its wings next to him'

                        

So I jumped on Board    
                            

A Falconry horse that takes too much making is never going to be reliable enough, but I've never met one that took to it with as little effort as this, he's now done dmos, I've hunted with Falcons and Artemis from him, he's great with the dogs and is an allround lovely chap...what a find

No comments:

Post a Comment